Keep cool, calm and collected in the heat with your choice of fabrics.
Go natural fabrics, preferably in organic quality.
- Linen is a natural fabric made from the flax plant.
- Keeps you cool and comfortable in heat and humidity.
- Linen keeps your body free of moisture as it can absorb as much as 1/5 of its weight. Moisture is both absorbed and evaporated by linen.
- Linen is loosely woven which also aids in keeping you cool.
- Linen conducts heat through the fabric which further improves cooling.
- Woven linen doesn’t cling so it has high air permeability, allowing your body to ‘breathe’.
- Linen doesn’t like being washed in hard water, so if you have hard water, soften with Sonett Water Softener.
- Linen likes gentle, synthetic chemical and petrochemical free laundry products, use fabric caring Sonett Laundry to ensure longevity of your linen garments.
- Linen doesn’t like harsh laundry detergents and chemicals.
- Linen does crease but this can be minimised by using softening Sonett Laundry products that don’t crisp your fabrics. You may also like to add Laundry Rinse which smoothes fibres and softens fabrics further. Wash in delicates cycle and hang immediately to dry, preferably in shade.
- Feeling fresh in linen, a classic and elegant fabric.
- Breathable and lightweight, fluid with superb drape.
- Not as cooling as woven linen.
- Cotton is made from the cotton plant.
- Keeps you cool by resisting static cling.
- Cotton allows your body to ‘breathe’ because it allows moisture to evaporate.
- Good choice of fabric for those with sensitive skin or allergies.
- Cotton is lightweight, crisp, clean and fresh.
- Very comfortable breathable fabric, just not as cooling as woven cotton.
- Chambray is like denim, which is a very tightly woven cotton, however, chambray is much lighter in weight, therefore another cool option for the heat.
Thanks for reading our blog.
Join our eNewsletter for product information, promotions and cleaning tips