1) Fading colour is one of the first signs of wear, if possible hang your clothes to dry in the shade, away from harsh UV.
2) Use colour protective Sonett Laundry Liquid Colour.
3) Turn all clothes, especially jeans, inside out for washing, drying and ironing.
4) Use good hangers that won’t snag fabrics and keep the shape of your garments.
5) Store your clothes in a dark, cool place.
6) Button up and zip up! You don’t want zips, buttons or velcro to snag on fabrics and damage other items in the wash load.
7) Use a protective laundry bag for your lingerie, swimsuits and delicates.
8) Front loaders are much more gentle on your clothes than agitators and use the delicate cycle plenty.
9) Iron less as ironing is hard on clothes, another reason to use delicates cycle which won’t crease clothes as much and use hangers to dry.
10) Shop for quality and classics from brands that care about longevity and use quality fabrics. Disposable fashion won’t last, no matter how well you care for it.
11) Read the labels and follow care instructions.
12) Dry cleaning is harsh on clothes.
13) Remove stains as soon as possible. Sonett Stain Remover is effective yet very gentle to delicate fabrics. Spray, wait 10 minutes, then pop in the delicates wash or hand wash. For tough stains, particularly with an oil or grease content use Sonett Gall Liquid 120ml or 300ml or long lasting Gall Soap.
15) Change from your work clothes when you come home.
16) Always use an apron when cooking to protect your clothes.
17) Avoid dryer use.
18) Don’t overload your washing machine.
19) Fragrance free Sonett Laundry Rinse, revives the brightness of colours, rinses out any laundry liquid or powder residue and it smoothes fibres. Smooth fibres need less ironing and ironing is hard on clothes.
20) Use effective and gentle Sonett Laundry products, kind to your clothes, your skin and our environment.