and enjoy it way more
1. Of course you need to do a full on kitchen clean, pantry and pot cupboard tidy etc a couple of times a year, however we have 9 tips that will help you keep your kitchen cleaner on a daily basis with less work.
2. Ensure your sink is kept empty. Rinse and move items into the Dishwasher immediately.
3. When cooking, clean as you go. Nothing worse than trying to cook a meal and dodge things in your work area or a sink full of dishes. Or for that matter having the entire clean-up after a meal.
4. Keep your countertops as clear as possible, much quicker and easier to keep clean.
We recommend trigger action bottle of Sonett Multi-Surface and Glass Cleaner for quick after meal cleaning. Love the residual aroma of organic lavender and lemongrass too! If you prefer extra grease cutting orange, then make up some diluted Orange Power Cleaner in an old trigger bottle instead. Alternatively dilute All-Purpose Cleanser in a trigger bottle. Both of these products are extremely economical as they’re used highly diluted.
5. Clean your sink after washing the dishes as there’s no point cleaning dishes in a grubby sink.
Only takes a minute with Sonett Scouring Fluid. Alternatively, Sonett Scouring Powder is another favourite for this job, especially if you’re partial to pots of tea and have tea stains in the sink, it cuts through tea and any other stains in a jiffy. Containing no water it’s also highly concentrated and economical.
6. For tea/coffee stains in cups, put 1/4 tsp Sonett Bleach Complex and Stain Remover into the cup, pour over boiling water, rinse out in the morning. Quick and easy and not just for laundry purposes!
7. If you have burnt on offerings in a pot or pan, rinse as much as you can, then pop in 1 tsp of Bleach Complex and Stain Remover, pour over boiling water and leave overnight. You’ll be amazed how quick it just all rinses out in the morning. That saves a lot of hard work and time scrubbing!
8. Keep your cleaning products close. You don’t need an array of cleaners in the kitchen, keep it down to the essentials and then store them neatly under the sink, or in some baskets/buckets.
9. Bathroom Cleaner may be used wherever you need to remove limescale and greasy dirt at the same time. Removes limescale deposits in hard-to-reach places and simultaneously cleans fittings and stainless steel. In other words, a quick spray over taps, leave a while to do their work, then wipe.
If there are frustrations such a pots and pans that need replacing or fixing, or not having the right tools for the job, sort it.
Because you’re preparing food in your kitchen we think it should be a place of cleanliness and free from clutter, with just a few things that bring you pleasure, a room that ensures you’re in a good frame of mind when preparing meals for yourself and those you love.
Thanks for reading our blog.